Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Jambo from Kenya!

Before leaving Dallas my mind was already fried! I was thinking about those things I wish I could have taken, should have taken, who I needed to call to tell them I was leaving, etc., etc, as was the case even when the three of us - Ande, Brooke and I arrived in Chicago. On top of that my backpack was weighing me down and my carry-on was "carrying me up a wall" since it was so heavy too! However, the Lord provided some peace for us momentarily as we walked around Chicago's airport waiting to connect to London. There in the midst of the sea of people from all over the world stood the most melodious group singing some good old-fashioned gospel music! It reminded me of the home that none of us will be seeing for a month. We just had to stop and listen! Their singing, joy and love for the Lord were obvious as others began crowding around them with us. I sang along and temporarily the physical weight of my bags left me and the joy of the Lord renewed my strength! Hallelujah! I don't know the name of the group, but I will always remember how they encouraged me that day and made moving a little bit easier.

~ Kanika