Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Jambo from Kenya! Week Three

Today we have worshiped for the second time with the BCC church and congregation. As usual, it is a lively experience. There is lots of singing, dancing, and laughter throughout the service. Everyone-visitor or member is treated as family once they walk through the door. I imagine that heaven will be the same way in a more glorified manner. In Africa, God's presence seems so much more available-not that He never isn't. But I guess here, we're not afforded the distractions of cell phones, internet, busyness, work, etc. to cause us to miss the sweet communion with our Lord and Savior. You can't help but to slow down and take the time to just breathe Him in! Thank the Lord that here in Kenya our brothers and sisters know how to relax and take it easy! Anything and everything that needs to get done will, so what's the hurry? I realize I have a long way to go to slow down, but I do strive to simplify my life while making sure the things I do have meaning. Anyway, today I did sing a song called Perfect Praise in front of the whole church. Talk about SCARY! But I said, "Lord, You did not give me the spirit of fear-so here goes! I hope you enjoy!" That was the greatest feeling-to sing and give back to them a song, as they have given so many beautiful ones to us while we've been here. Plus, I'm all about stepping out of my comfot zones-makes life much more exciting to see what God will do! They enjoyed the song-so that was good! God is my AWESOME FATHER and I love Him so much! Psalm 8:1
Your Sister! k