Thursday, June 15, 2006

Buna from Romania! Week Two

Both of my girls - Jamie and Hannah - are still sick, and I've been showing the same early symptoms for about three days that they did when we first arrived here. We went to the doctor yesterday, and he told us to just keep taking the medicine we'd already started. Please continue to pray for our healing - it can be frustrating to be kept from the work we came to do, especially when our time is so limited here.

Thankfully though, this week we were scheduled to go to a baby orphanage, so it's not like we'll be disappointing children who were looking forward to our coming. I may be able to go later in the week with Anca - one of Buckner's full-time staff here - but it's looking like Hannah and Jamie will need the whole week to recuperate.

Hannah and I were well enough to go to church on Sunday morning, and it was amazing. Our interpreters helped us out on one of the sermons (there were three, though I think the first two were more like devotionals/short scripture readings), and it was so good. I don't know if the pastor knew we were coming, but one of the passages of scripture he used in one of the first devotional times was Psalm 19. The first four verses are what stood out to me: "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." I have no idea what he talked about concerning this passage, but when reading along, my eyes were caught on this first part. I've been in such awe of the beauty that surrounds us here, and we've all talked about how God is so evident in His creation. Though we may not be able to communicate (in words) to the people here the glory of God, the whole earth is constantly declaring His awesomeness - in every language!

In Doamne's hand,
Sara