Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Jambo from Kenya! Week Two

This has been a good week! I was having difficulty deciding what to write about. Should I write about the fact that the three of us are learning the words to Dolly Parton's songs all the way in Africa, since our driver listens to her tape as we ride? Should I write about the many young children who run alongside the truck waving as we ride to the orphanage shouting greetings of "How are you? How are you?" Or should I write about the jokes our Kenya team leader gives us in the morning? For example, one of his jokes was, "Why was Eve never thirsty while she was in the Garden of Eden?" Being a DTS student, I was thinking all theologically and stuff -- bottom line, none of us came up with the answer! But for wondering minds, the answer to the riddle was, "Eve never became thirsty in the Garden of Eden, because she had A-dam!" Get it! A-dam/Adam! Talk about corny! It was fun! Lastly, I was wondering if I should write about how friendly and hospitable the people here are! We have so many invitations to other people’s houses for Sunday dinner and tea! We'll be there! This is my kind of country -- food and fellowship all the time! Well, that will be all for now! We will be seeing you soon!

~ Kanika