Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Jambo from Kenya! Week Two

What an interestingly wonderful week we've had.

There are many things I can write about for this week. The monotony of grinding maize stalks. The joy of impromptu skits. The little boy starring at the white guy behind him even as I write this. But I would have to say, the best thing I can write about would have to be my preaching experience. This was not my first time preaching, but it was my first time preaching in a foreign country. This was not my first time preaching, but it was my first time preaching with an interpreter. This was not my first time preaching, but it was my first time preaching were I am the minority (and what a big minority!)

I think I might hold the record for the shortest sermon at BCC's chapel. A quick 15 minutes is all it took for me. But it was a great experience! I am called to be a foreign missionary, so being given this opportunity was truly awesome. The lessons I've learned cannot even be listed (I'm to keep this to 200 words if possible), but I tell you, for the rest of my life, I will be able to remember back to the day I preached at BCC.

Well, goodbye for now!
Michael